Why Google Rebrands As ‘Alphabet’
“Our model is to have a strong CEO, who runs each business, with Sergey and me in service to them as needed,” Page wrote.
- Calico, an anti-aging biotech Research Division
- Nest, Google’s Smart-Home project
- Sidewalk, a company, focused on Smart Cities
- Fiber, Company for High-speed Internet services
- Investment arms, such as Google Capital and Google Ventures
- R&D unit, such as Google X, developing Self-driving cars and Drones.
G is for ‘Google’ and ‘Sundar Pichai ‘is New CEO
- Search Engine
- Advertising, Adwords, and Adsense
- Google Maps
- YouTube, the Video Service
- Android, Mobile operating system
- Chrome operating system
- related technical infrastructure.
“It is clear to us and our board that it is time for Sundar to be CEO of Google,” Larry Page wrote in the open letter announcing the creation of Alphabet.
“Google itself is also making all sorts of new products and I know Sundar will always be focused on innovation—continuing to stretch boundaries. I know he deeply cares that we can continue to make big strides on our core mission to organize the world’s information.“