How much Money Hackers Actually Make?
Chinese Adware Family Threatening your Android
- Ghost Push
- Guaranteed Clicks
- Repackage popular apps to injected malicious code and Ad components
- Bypass Google Play Store’s Bouncer Security
- Exploiting existing Android vulnerabilities to gain Admin-level permissions
- Root users’ devices that make them unable to uninstall the virus
- And then promote malicious apps through legitimate channels
“As users are completely unable to uninstall these malicious apps, the virus developers soon get a massive number of active users.” Cheetah Mobile researcher said.
“With this user base, the virus developer is able to set up a marketing promotion company and become a mobile dealer. Then they have the qualifications to cooperate with ad sponsors, making money by distributing products for advertisers.”
- This Virus family includes 4000 Samples
- The Adware is affecting Android versions from 2.3 to 5.1.
- More than 10,000 phone types and 2,742 brands have been affected.
- The virus has affected more than 900,000 Android users in over 116 countries, especially Southeast Asia.
- More than four suspicious domain names have been identified.
Tips for keeping your Android Device Safe
- never click on suspicious links from emails or websites,
- be careful what you download,
- don’t install apps without reviewing them,
- inspect each and every permission an Android app asks for,
- keep your Android device updated.