And here’s the Kicker:
“Running on Linux, ACS [Azure Cloud Switch] is able to make use of its vibrant ecosystem. ACS allows to use and extend Open Source, Microsoft, and Third Party applications.”
However, Microsoft’s Linux distribution is not going to appear on Desktops or Servers anytime soon, because this isn’t a typical consumer-grade Operating System.
For Now, Azure Cloud Switch (ACS) Linux OS is just an internal tool that Microsoft uses to “debug, fix as well as test software bugs much faster”, scale down software and develop features for enterprise and cloud computing services.
Microsoft Azure Cloud Switch (ACS) was demonstrated at the SIGCOMM conference in August 2015 at Imperial College London.
If you’re interested in the technical deep dive into Azure Cloud Switch (ACS), you will find it on the Microsoft Azure blog.
Microsoft… To Win, Make Love, Not War.
It is not the first time that Microsoft is partnering with rival technologies.
Earlier this year, Microsoft had announced its partnership with Cyanogen, the most popular third-party ROM for Android phones and tablets.
And Cyanogen is reportedly working on deeper integration of Microsoft’s Digital personal virtual assistant, Cortana, into its latest version of Operating System.
- Just Like Windows 10, Windows 7 and 8 Also Spy on You – Here’s How to Stop Them
- How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8
- Microsoft is Auto-Downloading Windows 10 to PCs, Even If You Don’t Want it
- Windows 10 Remotely Disables Pirated Games and illegal Hardware
- Windows 10 Doesn’t Stop Spying You, Even After Disabling It’s Creepy Features