Yes, you heard it correct!
First the Password Cracking Team ‘CynoSure Prime’ cracked more than 11 Million Ashley Madison’s passwordsin just 10 days (quite an achievement, though), now a member of the team shares the same list of passwords with few calculations.
The calculations are…
…What passwords are mostly used and by how many users? Terrible?
Out of 11 million passwords, only 4.6 million passwords were unique, and the rest were such weak and horrible ones that one could even think.
ArsTechnica to whom CynoSure Prime updated the newspublished the calculations and say that this is expected to change as they still left with 3.7 million passwords to decrypt.
While going through the list of password, top 5 used were:
- 123456 by 120511 users
- 12345 by 48452 users
- password by 39448 users
- DEFAULT by 34275 users
- 123456789 by 26620 users
- for more see the list of passwords in above image.
AND, Even a 5th grader can literally guess these Passwords!
Further Related Reading:
- Ashley Madison Hackers Released All the Stolen Data Online
- Hackers Leak 20GB Data Dump, Including CEO’s Emails
- Ashley Madison Hacker – An Insider Woman Employee?
- List of Top 10 Big Tech Companies where Ashley Madison is very Popular
- Disgusting! Ashley Madison was Building an App – ‘What’s your Wife Worth?’
- Lessons We Learned From Ashley Madison Data Breach